Saturday, February 27, 2016

FFA Week!

Students preparing the teacher breakfast to kick off FFA Week!
My 7th week of student teaching has come and gone faster than I could've imagined. With #FFAweek this week it went by so quickly because there was always something going on! I've had the chance to reflect on how this experience has been going even with all of the craziness in the ag room!

Positives this week:
As time goes on I get closer and closer with students which has made this experience especially rewarding. I didn't even realize how happy I was getting to know this students until I was driving in my car and I started smiling as I was thinking about how much fun students were having out the FFA meeting/movie this week. Smiling like a dweeb in my car made me realize that these students are having quite the impact on me! I hope that I have been making a positive impact on them as well. More related to teaching, another positive this week was a successful lesson. My Natural Resource class comprises of 6 rambunctious teenage boys. I had them participate in a bird beak activity where they had different shaped "beaks" or utensils in this case and had to pick up food. I provided candies for them to pick up with their tools and it could've gone horribly wrong. I imagined the possibility of them getting too competitive and whipping candy around the classroom, but they were excited and responsible at the same time!

Points of Improvement:
This week I realized that I really want to work on my preparation. I have had multiple lessons that I was last minute getting supplies for or setting up. I've had a hard time keeping up with the day to day lesson prep, but I do feel like I'm getting better. With all these classes I want to make sure that I'm prepared so the students get the educational experience they deserve!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Stacia! We should be working toward the goal of being planned out one week in advance!

    ReplyDelete