Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 11

Animal Care Sanctuary presentation
This past week is a bit blurry for me because so much was going on and I feel like I didn't even have time to breathe. The week started out normal and ended early because of Easter which is lucky for me because I need this long weekend to plan an awesome week for the students next week! Especially since I won't be around much at all next week due to a field trip, visit to Midd-West, and a trip to Penn State.

Like I said though, a lot of stuff happened this week! A few highlights included a visit by the Animal Care Sanctuary to talk to Animal Science Students about animal shelters, planting some new plants in Plant Science, and making butter in Animal Science II.
An Sci 2 made butter while learning
about the dairy industry
 I feel like I have improved with my planning of lesson plans. Planning ahead of time made it possible for some of the students to make butter and I got rolls so we could have some food to eat the butter with.

It was a great, short week that made me realize some of the things I need to improve on. My cooperating teacher ended up very ill this week and missed a day of school that was planned for her to take some students for parliamentary procedure and public speaking for the area. I realized that day that I do not work well under pressure and I struggle with recovering from that. I was stressed with her being sick and I felt like I just could not pick up my confidence in my teaching the rest of the week. I want to try and work on my
Plant Science students planting
confidence and independence for the rest of the experience.


Special shout-out to Kelsey Henry for visiting Wellsboro this week.. and looking forward to visiting Janae Herr at Midd-West this week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I am glad you "fast paced" week. That is one thing about teaching HS Ag that I loved so much...you were never bored!

    Make sure Stacia that you are fully integrating yourself into all aspects of the program and thinking about how YOU would lead a total ag ed program in the future.

    I also look forward to you responding to my timeline email :)

    DF

    ReplyDelete