Sunday, April 3, 2016

Is there really only 3 weeks left?!

Week 12 was another short week for me. Not just because Wellsboro had off Monday, but also because We had a field trip Wednesday, I visited Janae Herr at Midd-West Thursday, and then we had another seminar at Penn State to prep us for job interviews on Friday! So it was a short week with only one day of teaching, but no lack of interesting things to blog about!

Ms. Herr's Forestry class
plus a goat visitor!
I really want to highlight my positive for this week which was the visit I had at Midd-West! With my minimal teaching this week, observing Ms. Herr for the day allowed me to reflect on how I run some of my classes and gave me ideas on some techniques to integrate into my classes while at Wellsboro.

 Observing at Midd-West made me realize I need to focus more on organization in my daily lesson plans, specifically with bellwork. Some classes had very simple bellwork that had them open up a link or something similar. I normally have a specific question for students to answer so it made me realize that not every class needs to have an elaborate bellwork and it will still work just the same.

Ms. Herr facilitating the 4-stroke
engine dance!
I also took away from my visit that I can continue to work on my clarity of instruction. That has always been the one point I see as needing more work within my teaching and it is something I would consider a strength of hers. It's an awesome experience to see a fellow classmate switch over to that teacher role and rock it!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Midd-West was a great place to visit! I'm looking forward to seeing how you implement some of these strategies!

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to have you here! Thanks for choosing Midd-West as your visit destination!

    ReplyDelete