Sunday, April 17, 2016

Home Stretch!

As I prepare for my final week of student teaching so much is running through my mind... Did I accomplish what I wanted over these 14 weeks? What can I do this last week that I haven't done already? How can I leave an impact on these students before I leave? I feel so lucky to have spent my student teaching experience at Wellsboro and I want to make this last week impactful. For them and me.

2016-2017 Grand Canyon FFA Officers
This week had so much impact on me. Mostly because of the Grand Canyon FFA Banquet that took place on Wednesday. It was stressful to lose a night of planning and grading, but it was well worth it. I felt so much emotion in just a few hours to see all the members recognized for their hard work and accomplishments. It warmed my heart to see so many FFA members proud of what they have achieved... and sad to see the school year coming to an end. Students were recognized for their SAE projects, Chapter/Greenhand degrees, scholarship awards, and some even received a "spark plug" award for providing that extra spark to the program for their innovative ideas, glowing personalities, or dedication. I felt so much pride to receive an Honorary Chapter Degree for my student teaching effort as well!
Plant Sci creating centerpieces

Positives:
I'm feeling more confident every week with the material and flow of my classes. Plant Science (which I have little experience in) got hands-on experience this week by preparing the centerpieces for the banquet. It was great to get students the experience, but also help out the FFA by providing the centerpieces. Natural Resources also had more experiential learning with another field trip this week. They helped plant trees around the Wellsboro area with DCNR and others in the forestry industry.

Natural Resources planting trees
Improvements:
With my last week in Wellsboro my main goal is to go out with a bang. I want to make sure that students grasp the concepts this week while I wrap up assignments for Penn State. I have the same number of lessons to prepare for every day, but also need to finish up some other things. This last week will be the true test to see if I can balance so much work with little time. Here's to the last week!

Make it count! #psuaged16

1 comment: