Sunday, April 10, 2016

Student Teaching Week 13

Natural Resources class stocking fish
It is unbelievable how quickly this experience has been flying by. Only 2 more weeks in the Wellsboro classroom before I continue my journey elsewhere! The more time that goes on, the more involved I feel like I am with the students and community. This week had some great highlights including my first (ever - not just at Wellsboro!) softball game. I went to support a student and the rest of the Lady Hornets. Another great highlight was a half day field trip for the Natural Resources class to stock fish nearby with the PA Fish and Boat Commission. It was a great experience for them... and also myself!

Positives this week:

This week I felt like I improved my organization and communication with students. For most of the classes, I developed a weekly objectives/bellringer sheet. This gave students the opportunity to check our progress through objectives on a daily basis as well as answer the bellringers for each day. I felt like this gave me a goal to finish that content throughout the week as well as it kept the lines of communication open between myself and students.

Improvement:

This week coming up I want to focus on preparation of lessons a little more. Having all the classes has been proving difficult for me and I need to spend more time prepping exactly how I want my lessons to flow.

Field trips galore this time of year! Looking forward to Tractor Driving CDE and Tree Planting this week for field trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment